The IEEE R10 Educational Activities (EA) takes initiatives to recognize IEEE members for the efforts and dedicated contribution in educational activities for the following areas.
• Foster the improvement of education through the process of accreditation engineering, engineering technology, computer science, and applied science programs.
• Dedicated contribution to the design, delivery, and support of continuing education courses and programs in the fields of interest to IEEE.
• Volunteer time and effort for the informal education community.
• Outstanding educational innovation in the field of interest of IEEE and whose innovation has made a major impact and been emulated outside the individual’s immediate
• Work in a pre-university school and those who influence school-based activities for pre-university students.
IEEE R10 EA Volunteer Award has been established to recognize individuals who have exhibited exemplary and substantive leadership of an extraordinary nature in implementing activities in the scope of EA, as stated above, at the local, regional, national, and/or international level. The accomplishments of the candidate should be of “significant performance” and should have made a distinguishing contribution to R10 EA.
• IEEE Region 10 EA Volunteer Award targets R10 Student Member grade, Young Professional Member grade or higher.
• Nominee must be an IEEE R10 member in good standing who has made an identifiable creative achievement and/or a significant contribution toward the scope of R10 EA.
• Nominee must be an individual.
• The individuals nominated must be IEEE members at the time of nomination.
• Nominee’s achievement and contribution must have been made within last 3 years for this award.
• A member of the R10 EA subcommittee cannot be a Nominee.
• Nominee must not have received the IEEE R10 EA Award(s) within the last 3 years.
Call for Nominations – April 20, 2018
Nomination Deadline – June 20, 2018
Recipient Selected and Notification – September 2018
Based on the merit of each candidate, the R10 Awards & Recognition Committee may decide on the number of winners for the prevailing contest year. If no candidate is found to be suitable, no award will be given in that year.
1. The nomination form available from the R10 website (link) and R10 EA homepage (link) and must be completed by Nominator who is familiar with the work and contribution of the candidate(s) and endorsed by Section EA Chair and Section Chair. The nominator must be IEEE members of professional membership grade. Members of the R10 EA Subcommittee cannot act as Nominator.
2. The nomination form must be sent to IEEE R10 EA Coordinator with cc to IEEE Asia-Pacific Limited Office by June 20, 2018 in electronic means (pdf file). Make sure that an acknowledgment is received after sending the complete form in a few days, or it should be assumed that the submission is not received.
Basis of Selection
The IEEE R10 EA Volunteer Award is selected based on the following points relating to the
- Contribution to the scope of R10 EA
- Impact of activities on the society
- The uniqueness of the approach
- Outreach & societal implication
- Leadership ability
If no candidate is found to be suitable, no award will be given in the year.
This selection is to be done by an appropriate selection committee appointed by the IEEE R10 EA coordinator. The decision of the Selection Committee is final.
The winning candidate is awarded a plaque and a certificate of recognition plus one year free IEEE membership.
Award certificates of the 2018 IEEE Region 10 EA Volunteer Award will be presented to the primary delegates from the Sections that the winner(s) belong to, at the R10 Annual Meeting for them to be further presented to the winner(s) at appropriate occasions of the Sections. If the representatives of the winner(s) are able to join the R10 annual meeting without any financial support from R10, it is possible for the award certificates to be directly presented to them at the meeting.
2017 Winner of IEEE Region 10 Educational Activites Volunteer Award