Theme Based Track
EA Project Development Grant (Theme-based)
2023 Region-10 EA Project Development Grant (Theme-based)
IEEE Region 10 Educational Activities Committee (EAC) would like to invite all IEEE members of R10 Council, Section, Subsection, Society Chapter, Women in Engineering (WIE), Young Professional (YP) and Life Members Affinity Groups (LMAG) to submit proposals with educational programs which will provide values to the IEEE community, in alignment with MGA/EAB goals.
R10 EA Project Development Grant has been established to welcome Council, Section, Subsection, Society Chapter, Student Branch and other Affinity Groups to implement activities in the scope of EA, at the local, regional, national, and/or international level.
- To encourage creative and new innovative programs which provide value to IEEE members and are in alignment with several key educational development themes.
- To raise the awareness and profile of IEEE among the community.
- To encourage the exploration and utilization of resources from the IEEE Education Activities Board and other IEEE OUs.
- To encourage collaboration between IEEE units.
The three categories of targeted groups for Educational Activities are as follows:
- SDG-related EA
- Cross-Section EA
- EA development should be a collaboration among (at least) four OUs and (at least) two Sections.
- EA based on IEEE Learning Network
- Scope of the EA development (included but not limited to): Training workshop in the Section/Sub-section and learning experience sharing
- The EAC grant CANNOT be used for reimbursement or financial aid of course registration. For financial aid, please visit the R10 Professional Activities Committee webpage (http://pa.ieeer10.org/).
R10 EA Project Development Grant targets IEEE R10 Council, Section, Subsection, Society Chapter, Women in Engineering (WIE), Young Professional (YP) and Life Members Affinity Groups (LMAG).
- Project approach (target audience; feasibility and novelty of the proposed project)
- Project engagement (number of participated students, OUs, schools/organizations; how to reach them; how to make them engage in the project)
- Project impact (on the participants and the community)
- Effective use of IEEE resources (e.g., Support from EAB/MGA/Technical Societies)
- Measurement of the project effectiveness
- For “SDG education” projects, please specify which SDGs the project is promoting.
- For “Cross-Section” projects, please specify how OUs can collaborate.
- For “IEEE Learning Network” projects, please specify how your project can promote ILN to members in Region 10.
The IEEE OU has to apply for hosting the EA endorsed by the parent Council/Section/Subsection with the commitment of a matching grant .
Supports –(Theme-based track)
Submission by the Council/Section/Subsection:
Face-to-Face or hybrid activities: A maximum of USD 600.
Virtual Activities: A maximum of USD 375.
This year the funding is released based on the 2023 IEEE Region 10 Matching Fund Policy.
A Large Section’s project (1501 members or more) will be supported with 50% of the total fund
A Medium Section’s project (501 to 1501 members) will be supported with 70% of the total fund
A Small Section’s project (less than 500 members) will be supported with 90% of the total fund
A Council’s project will be supported with 90% of the total fund
For example, if a Medium Section apply for a Face-to-Face general track activity with a proposed expense of USD 400, R10 EAC will support 70% of the total fund (i.e. 280 USD)
The proposal template is available on the R10 EA homepage (https://ea.ieeer10.org/). The proposals must be completed by any OU/Affinity Group and endorsed by the parent Council/Section/Subsection with the commitment of a matching grant of USD 100. The OU should brief or define the nature of the contest of the innovation challenge to be hosted.
The participant has to submit the detailed proposal in the prescribed format on the R10 Funding Proposal submission:
- Please download the proposal template at the R10 EA homepage https://ea.ieeer10.org
- Complete the form
- Request & receive endorsement from the parent Council/Section/Subsection in the template given.
- Access the R10 EA Project Development Grant Submission Form. Submission link: https://bit.ly/submitproposalr10eac2023
- Upload the proposal in the google form (The proposal format should follow the template provided).
If you are not able to submit the proposal through the funding portal or facing difficulties then, the proposal in the required template can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org & CC to email@example.com.
All winning entries are required to:
- Prepare a short video and infographic about the event, post in respective IEEE social media and add the hashtag #IEEER10EA
- All the activities should be reported to IEEE STEM portal (https://tryengineering.org/volunteer-stem-portal/stem-program-submission/).
- All awarded Council/Section/Subsection are required to submit a final report and submit claims for reimbursement before 1st September 2023. All the reimbursement will be given after the submission and approval from IEEE R10 EA committees.
- The Objectives of the IEEE Region 10 Educational Activities Committee (EAC) is to implement programs specifically intended to serve and benefit IEEE members in educational pursuits, the engineering and scientific community and the general public in the Asia and Pacific Region.
- IEEE Educational Activities Board, IEEE Education Society and other IEEE Technical Societies have provided a variety of resources and support for educational activity development. Examples of support can be found on the Appendix page (XXX). We encourage applicants to scale out EA projects with multiple sources of support.
- The purpose of the IEEE Education Activities Committee is to recommend policies on educational matters and implement programs specifically intended to serve the educational pursuits of IEEE members, the engineering and scientific communities, and the general public. (https://www.ieee.org/education/eab.html)
- The core purpose of IEEE is to foster technological innovation and excellence for the benefit of humanity. IEEE’s vision is to become essential to the global technical community and to technical professionals everywhere, and be universally recognized for the contributions of technology and of technical professionals in improving global conditions.
- The IEEE Strategic Plan is a vital part of the ongoing evolution of IEEE. The plan provides a clear picture of IEEE as an organization, the goals our community is pursuing, and the initiatives that will move IEEE forward in the coming years. https://www.ieee.org/about/ieee-strategic-plan.htm…
- It should be noted there are a wealth of resources in the IEEE environment serving the spectrum of community and proposers are encouraged to utilize them as much as possible.
For more details and enquiries, please contact R10 Educational Activities Committee at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Project call opens: 1 February 2023
Submission Deadline: 18 March 2023
Announcement of shortlisted projects: 30 April 2023
Duration given to organise projects: 30 April 2023- 1 September 2023
Reporting and claims for expenses: 1 September 2023