Capacity Building Workshop
IEEE Region 10 Educational Activities Committee (EAC) would like to invite all IEEE members of R10 Council, Section, Subsection, Society Chapter, Women in Engineering (WIE), Young Professional and Life Members Affinity Groups to submit workshop proposals on capacity building amongst various Education leadership teams of different IEEE OU’s on Education Policy/Curriculum Development/Accreditation/Disruptive Technologies/Education 4.0 with minimum involvement of FIVE OU’s.
The workshop engagement activity is launched with the purpose of
- Capacity Building Opportunity for IEEE members and to enlighten them with global best practices in education.
- To encourage collaboration between IEEE units.
All IEEE Region 10 Council, Section, Subsection, Society Chapter, Women in Engineering (WIE), Young Professional and Life Members Affinity Groups, Student Branch can apply.
- Innovative aspect of the engagement workshop proposal
- Number of OU’s, Sections, Countries involved ( In terms of Speakers, Audience)
- Educational outcomes of the proposed workshop
FUNDS (250 USD for 8 Proposals)
The IEEE OU has to apply for hosting the innovation challenge endorsed by the parent Council/Section/Subsection with the commitment of matching grant of USD 250.
Total Fund: 8 Project @500$ (250 USD with the commitment of matching grant of USD 250 from parent OU)
Maximum Eight such workshop proposals would be sanctioned by IEEE R10 EAC in a year.
The proposal template is available at R10 EA homepage (https://ea.ieeer10.org/). The proposals must be completed by any OU/Affinity Group and endorsed by the parent Council/Section/Subsection with the commitment of matching grant of USD 250.
The proposal shall contain the following information (as shown in the template):
- Executive summary of the workshop to be hosted (maximum 300 words)
- Introduction and description of the activities including anticipated expenses.
- The platform proposed (Preferably virtual /blended mode)
- Measurement or assessment of the educational outcomes and impact of the program to the participants and community
- Innovative aspect of the program
- Number of OU’s Involved
- Proposal must be endorsed by Council/Section/Subsection Chair.
Submission Process for EAC Proposals
The proposals should be submitted via the R10 Education Activity submission form (link) with the following steps:
The participant has to submit the detailed proposal in prescribed format on R10 Funding Proposal submission:
- Step 1: Access the R10 Educational Activity Call for proposal Submission Form. Submission link : https://bit.ly/submitproposalr10eac2022
- Step 2: Select the funding category from R10 Educational Activities drop-down menu
- Step 3: Complete the questionnaires
- Step 4: Request & receive endorsement in the template given.
- Step 4: Upload the proposal in the google form(The proposal format should follow the template provided). Please download the proposal template at R10 EA homepage https://ea.ieeer10.org
All project award entries are required to:
- Prepare a short video and info-graphic about the event, post in respective IEEE social media and add the hashtag #IEEER10EACapacityBuilding
- All the activities should be reported to IEEE R10 EA.
- It is recommended to provide the translation in local language for the short video posted in the social media.
- All awarded Council/Section/Subsection are required to submit a final report and submit claims for reimbursement before 1st November 2022. All the reimbursement will be given after the submission and approval from IEEE R10 EA committees.
For more details and enquiries, please contact R10 Educational Activities Committee at: email@example.com
Project call opens: 18th February 2022
Submission Deadline: 15 April 2022
Announcement of shortlisted projects 30 April 2022
Duration given to organise projects 30 April 2022- 1 September 2022
Reporting deadline 1 September 2022