2021 Second round of call for proposals
Sent on behalf of 2021-2022 R10 Educational ACtivities Committee Chair, Dr. Preeti Bajaj
An opportunity to Transform the Society / your community by engaging them in lifelong learning activities. Kindly share this announcement with your local OU/ Affinity Groups. Thank you.
Second Round of Call for Proposals under Region 10 Educational Activities Committee (EAC) 2021
IEEE Region 10 Educational Activities Committee (EAC) would like to invite all IEEE members of R10 Council, Section, Subsection, Society Chapter, Women in Engineering (WIE), Young Professional and Life Members Affinity Groups to submit proposals with creative and new innovative programs which will provide values to the IEEE community align to 2020-2025 IEEE Strategic focus on Lifelong Learning.
The Educational Activity Committee is announcing various projects to improve Educational Activities (EA) and OU’s collaboration within Council, Section, Subsection, Society Chapters . The Call for proposals are open for Second round of submissions under following categories
• IEEE R-10 EAC Reaching Local Initiative
• IEEE R-10 TryEngineering And STEM Under Educational Activities
• IEEE R-10 New Innovation Challenge Under Educational Activities
• IEEE R-10 Capacity Building Workshop Under Educational Activity
• IEEE R-10 Social Media Challenge
• IEEE Educational Awards (extended deadline till 10th July )
1. 2021 Region-10 Call for Workshop on TryEngineering and STEM Under Educational Activities
The selected OU would be supported by IEEE R10 EA with 150 USD with a matching grant of 150 USD from Section/Parent OU. For more information visit: https://ea.ieeer10.org/2021-ieee-r10-educational-activities-call-for-workshop-on-tisp/
2. 2021 Region-10 New Innovation Challenge Under Educational Activities
R10 EA Innovation Challenge is to propose new Innovative Educational Activities and Challenge to implement activities in the scope of EA, as stated above, at the local, regional, national, and/or international level.
The IEEE OU has to apply for hosting the innovation challenge endorsed by the parent Council/Section/Subsection with the commitment of matching grant of USD 250.For more information visit: https://ea.ieeer10.org/2021-region-10-new-innovation-challenge-under-educational-activity/
3. IEEE R-10 Capacity Building Workshop Under Educational Activity
To submit workshop proposals on Capacity Building on Education Policy/Curriculum Development/Accreditation/Disruptive Technologies/Education 4.0 with minimum involvement of FIVE OU’s.
The IEEE OU has to apply for hosting the innovation challenge endorsed by the parent Council/Section/Subsection with the commitment of matching grant of USD 250.
For more information, visit: https://ea.ieeer10.org/2021-region-10-call-for-capacity-building-workshop-under-educational-activity/
4. IEEE R-10 Social Media Challenge
The IEEE R10 Educational Activities (EA) Social Media Challenges aims to recognize groups of IEEE members for the efforts and dedicated contribution in the promotion and implementation of educational activities through social media in the following areas.
- Promote educational activities through social media.
- Distinguishing contribution to the design, delivery, and support of continuing education courses and programs in the fields of interest to IEEE on social media
- Volunteering of time and effort for the informal education community
- Outstanding publicity effect on social media in the field of interest of IEEE and whose publicity effect has made a major impact to community
The winning entries will receive support for their projects as indicated in the followings :
6 commendation projects will receive USD 50 each.
Total Fund: USD 300
All winning entries are required to:
1. Post at least four social media on contents related to IEEE educational activities with tagging IEEE R10 for 1 single project.
2. Ensure the minimum of 100 views in each social media platform (total 1000 views together all social media )
2. Provide the translation in local language for the short video posted in the social media platform as part of reaching locals initiative.
5. IEEE R-10 EAC Reaching Local Initiative
IEEE Region 10 Educational Activities Committee (EAC) invites Sections & OUs to submit proposals for ‘REACHING LOCALS Initiatives’ to conduct activities or participate in the production of resources to reach out to the community using local languages.
Funding support for digital tools/ Translation/ other related work – 150 USD for 8 hours technical Talk/ workshop. For more information, https://ea.ieeer10.org/2021-region-10-eacs-call-for-proposal-for-reaching-local-initiatives/
- Important dates for all proposals
Project call opens: 18th June 2021
Submission Deadline: 30th July 2021
Announcement of shortlisted projects 25 August 2021
Duration given to organise projects 26th August 2021- 10th October 2021
Reporting deadline 30th October 2021
- For inquiries please contact: IEEE R10 Educational Activity Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org cc to email@example.com
- The OUs Chapters/ Students branch) whose proposals already selected in one category may submit proposals in other categories.
- All fundings shall be subject to condition of timely submission of reports
Thanks, and Regards,
IEEE Region 10 Educational Activity Committee 2021-2022
For all the proposal applications, please email the copy of the proposal template to firstname.lastname@example.org